Buying a home is an exciting event, but the process of finding the right one can be daunting. It’s a major investment. It’s an emotional time of making lifestyle decisions. It isn’t like buying a pair of shoes from the department store that are a bit snug, because you can’t just return the house if you’re not satisfied. Once you buy, you’re in for the long haul.
To avoid costly mistakes that could haunt you for years, you need to make sure you do your homework properly when house hunting.
This is what we’ll be discussing in Chapter 5 of The Complete Guide To Buying A Home that you can read online at https://davebailey.me/go/homebuyer
Searching For The Right Home
VIEWING A HOME
For most people, the prospect of going to view homes they like is a thrilling experience. It’s tempting to think that this is the first step to buying a home, but it’s not.
SCHEDULE ADEQUATE TIME
When going to view homes, make sure you’ve got plenty of time to really view the home from a critical perspective. Schedule enough time to do a proper inspection. Look into all closets and crawl spaces.
Related to scheduling adequate time to view the home, be thorough when checking it out. Open drawers, cabinets, and cupboards. Look behind furniture, and even under it to find stains or signs of wear not readily evident.
WHAT COMES WITH THE PROPERTY
Confirm what comes with home — e.g., whether the stands or fixtures are for the exclusive use of that home or if the owners will remove them. Are appliances, such as refrigerator and washer/dryer, included in the sale?
DON’T BE FOOLED BY STAGING
Sellers use clever tricks to make a home more appealing. They can strategically light a room to draw attention from a problem or apply fresh coats of paint to cover water damage or mold issues.
KEEP EMOTIONS AT BAY
When viewing a home initially, try not to get attached immediately. Keep emotions out of consideration and only consider the potential property as a building you need to inspect and assess for others.
Watch the video and then read the corresponding chapter of the Complete Guide To Buying A Home. Then ask David your questions, so he can record more videos answer them and provide more clarification as needed.
Let Dave Help You Find A Home
If you are looking for a home in the area, call me at (727) 249-4022 so we can talk about what you’re looking for. We’ll work together intensively on the following:
- Establish your needs and wants for your new dream home
- Search available options to create a shortlist of potential homes
- Discuss what you like or don’t like about each one
- Schedules showings so you can walk through the homes
- Make an offer on the houses that you want to buy
- Negotiate the best deal possible based on counter offers
You’ll get a copy of my book, detailed forms and guidelines so we find what you’re looking for, calls with me, and showings of homes that you would like to see.
Follow Us On Social Media
- Dave’s Site And Blog
- Youtube – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Facebook – Dave’s Personal Profile
- Facebook – David Bailey’s Real Estate Page
- Instagram – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Twitter – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- LinkedIn – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- TikTok – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Pinterest – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Realtor.com – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Zillow – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Homes.com – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Stellar MLS – Matrix – David Arhtur Bailey Jr
- Coldwell Banker Realty – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- CBintouch – About David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Realtor Page for David Arthur Bailey Jr
- SavvyCard – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Dave The Notary