When you’re buying a home, it’s important to know what type, features, and amenities you want in your home. That’s what we’ll be discussing in Chapter 3 of The Complete Guide To Buying A Home that you can read online at https://davebailey.me/go/homebuyer
Home Buyer Needs And Desires
Before starting your hunt for a new home, it’s advisable to make a list of all your basic needs and desires, then prioritize the desires, figuring that all needs must be met in any house under consideration. This will make the search easier and help weed out the ones that don’t meet the basics. y.
It’s a good idea to work from outside-the-house factors to inside-the-house. For example, location is perhaps the primary concern and both “needs” factors and “desires” factors might be involved. A “need” would be “must be within 25 miles of work.” A desire might be, “would like Westwood” (a favored neighborhood), while a need might be “on the west side of the city” (because work, family, friends, and recreation activities are all located there).
Location needs may include proximity to schools, frequently used recreation facilities, or mode of transportation (bus or suburban rail access). Whether an item is a need or a desire depends on circumstance.
Closeness to family might be a need for a couple with young children or elderly parents to care for — or a desire if those factors aren’t involved. It’s items like these that make a checklist most helpful.
After location needs and desires are compiled, housing factors can be considered. Needs include having all essential house structures and systems in good working order.
Needs might include a minimum number of bedrooms and bathrooms, no steps, fenced yard, perhaps a first-floor laundry facility, and any feature the prospective buyers have decided they cannot accept a home without. Desires are features that make the home more attractive or enjoyable — an upgraded kitchen, walk-in closets, a master bedroom suite.
Regardless, buying a house is not a simple process. Much of the planning should be done well before contacting a real estate agent or looking at homes.
Watch the video and then read the corresponding chapter of the Complete Guide To Buying A Home. Then ask David your questions, so he can record more videos answer them and provide more clarification as needed.
Let Dave Help You Find A Home
If you are looking for a home in the area, call me at (727) 249-4022 so we can talk about what you’re looking for. We’ll work together intensively on the following:
- Establish your needs and wants for your new dream home
- Search available options to create a shortlist of potential homes
- Discuss what you like or don’t like about each one
- Schedules showings so you can walk through the homes
- Make an offer on the houses that you want to buy
- Negotiate the best deal possible based on counter offers
You’ll get a copy of my book, detailed forms and guidelines so we find what you’re looking for, calls with me, and showings of homes that you would like to see.
Ideally, you’ve already been pre-qualified for a loan and know how much you can spend to purchase your new home. But if not, I can recommend some local lenders who can help you with that process. Once you know how much you have to work with, we can start looking for your new home. You’ll know in about 24 hours, how much you can spend.
You won’t pay me anything upfront to work with you because I receive my professional fees from my brokerage at closing which is paid for out of the seller’s funds.
If you are interested in working with me to buy a home in the area, text or call me at (727) 249-4022. I’ll shoot you the link to the book and we can schedule talk about what you are looking for in your new home.
Follow Us On Social Media
- Dave’s Site And Blog
- Youtube – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Facebook – Dave’s Personal Profile
- Facebook – David Bailey’s Real Estate Page
- Instagram – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Twitter – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- LinkedIn – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- TikTok – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Pinterest – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Realtor.com – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Zillow – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Homes.com – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Stellar MLS – Matrix – David Arhtur Bailey Jr
- Coldwell Banker Realty – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- CBintouch – About David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Realtor Page for David Arthur Bailey Jr
- SavvyCard – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Dave The Notary