Is it better to rent or buy a home? That’s what we’ll be discussing in Chapter 2 of The Complete Guide To Buying A Home that you can read online at https://davebailey.me/go/homebuyer
Owning A Home vs Renting A Home
Before you answer the question of whether its better to rent or buy a home, here are some things to ask yourself. Owning and renting each have their advantages, but what’s best for you depends on your circumstances.
Control over housing expense. By selecting a fixed-rate 15-, 20-, 25-, or 30-year mortgage, the homeowner has assurance that housing costs won’t increase over the period, and, in fact, will be eliminated at the end of the term
You build equity. Some of each monthly mortgage payment goes toward the loan’s interest. Other portions may go to homeowner’s insurance and county taxes.
Improvements increase your home’s value. A homeowner can also increase a home’s value through home improvements, thus both making your home more comfortable and enjoyable while growing its loan-to-value (LTV) ratio.
Tax advantages of home ownership. There are significant tax benefits associated with buying a house, both at the time of purchase and for the duration of time you own the home:
Homestead exemption. Many states exempt owner-occupied homes (homesteads) from a portion of the property tax amount that would normally accrue.
Federal tax deductions. When you’re looking to purchase a home, it’s important to understand what can be deducted on your tax return and what can’t.
Current mortgage rates are relatively low. Interest rates vary through the years. Several years ago, interest rates were higher, and it was more expensive to obtain a mortgage.
Ownership rights and creative freedom. Your decorating and home-improvement choices are just that — yours, provided they don’t break building codes or violate homeowners’ association rules.
A sense of belonging to the community. Homeowners tend to stay in homes for longer than renters and are more likely to grow roots. They might join a neighborhood association, volunteer at a nearby community center, join a school group, or align with a business improvement district.
Watch the video and then read the corresponding chapter of the Complete Guide To Buying A Home. Then ask David your questions, so he can record more videos answer them and provide more clarification as needed.
Let Dave Help You Buy A Home
If you are looking for a home in the area, call me at (727) 249-4022 so we can talk about what you’re looking for. We’ll work together intensively on the following:
- Establish your needs and wants for your new dream home
- Search available options to create a shortlist of potential homes
- Discuss what you like or don’t like about each one
- Schedules showings so you can walk through the homes
- Make an offer on the houses that you want to buy
- Negotiate the best deal possible based on counter offers
You’ll get a copy of my book, detailed forms and guidelines so we find what you’re looking for, calls with me, and showings of homes that you would like to see.
Ideally, you’ve already been pre-qualified for a loan and know how much you can spend to purchase your new home. But if not, I can recommend some local lenders who can help you with that process. Once you know how much you have to work with, we can start looking for your new home. You’ll know in about 24 hours, how much you can spend.
You won’t pay me anything upfront to work with you because I receive my professional fees from my brokerage at closing which is paid for out of the seller’s funds.
If you are interested in working with me to buy a home in the area, text or call me at (727) 249-4022. I’ll shoot you the link to the book and we can schedule talk about what you are looking for in your new home.
Follow Us On Social Media
- Dave’s Site And Blog
- Youtube – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Facebook – Dave’s Personal Profile
- Facebook – David Bailey’s Real Estate Page
- Instagram – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Twitter – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- LinkedIn – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- TikTok – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Pinterest – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Realtor.com – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Zillow – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Homes.com – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Stellar MLS – Matrix – David Arhtur Bailey Jr
- Coldwell Banker Realty – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- CBintouch – About David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Realtor Page for David Arthur Bailey Jr
- SavvyCard – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Dave The Notary