Staging is readying the home to show to potential buyers; you must encourage them to visualize living in the home itself, not in your home.
This is what we’ll be discussing in Chapter 1 of How To Sell Homes Fast For Top Dollar that you can read online
The 3 D’s of Selling Your Home
Depersonalizing the home involves removing your personal items, such as photos, trophies, and collectibles. Knickknacks and wall decor are also personal taste items that may distract buyers from seeing the home as theirs. It’s not personal, but not many people will appreciate your beer can collection, antique kitchen accessories, overstuffed closets, VHS/CD/DVD/records collection, and general clutter, except you. Simplify and neutralize your home as if it were a model home because that’s exactly what it is while it’s on the market.
Pack and store your treasured items out of sight. Consider monthly rented storage units until your home sells.
Make your home a clean, welcoming, blank canvas, upon which any buyer can visually paint their own dreams. It should not feel like your home while you show the home.
DEPERSONALIZE, DECLUTTER, AND DISCARD
It is understandably inconvenient to live in your home without your “stuff” — it’s like living in a hotel. However, it’s a necessary component of getting top dollar for your house.
Extra furniture and items like books, magazines, CD collections, and hobby supplies add weight and visual distraction in a room. Your salt & pepper shaker collection is going to look like clutter, even if the buyer collects salt & pepper shakers.
The more spacious your home appears, the more appealing it will be. Minimize as much as possible. You want the home shopper to see what your home has to offer, not guess about the potential or possibilities.
Work From a Plan
- List each room of the house, noting the clutter in each room, including closets.
- Declutter rooms one at a time, attacking from the smallest project to the greatest.
- Clear out each room, keeping only essential items.
- Donate or discard clothes, decor, toys, and other items no longer used.
- Box up possessions that you want to keep, and put them in storage.
- Keep surfaces clean and free of collected items.
Watch the video and then read the corresponding chapter of How To Sell Homes Fast For Top Dollar. Then ask David your questions, so he can record more videos to answer them and provide more clarification as needed.
If you have a home to sell, call me at (727) 249-4022 so we can talk about your home selling goals. We’ll work together intensively on selling your home fast for top dollar.
Follow Us On Social Media
- Dave’s Site And Blog
- Youtube – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Facebook – Dave’s Personal Profile
- Facebook – David Bailey’s Real Estate Page
- Instagram – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Twitter – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- LinkedIn – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- TikTok – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Pinterest – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Realtor.com – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Zillow – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Homes.com – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Stellar MLS – Matrix – David Arhtur Bailey Jr
- Coldwell Banker Realty – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- CBintouch – About David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Realtor Page for David Arthur Bailey Jr
- SavvyCard – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Dave The Notary