Selling is the name of the game. In the previous negotiation chapters, we learned that counteroffers by potential buyers sometimes include certain personal property, like appliances and window treatments, because these items are must-haves that are expensive to purchase new.
This is what we’ll be discussing in Chapter 1 of How To Sell Homes Fast For Top Dollar that you can read online
Bargaining Chips When Selling Your Home
As a seller, you can use extras as bargaining chips as well. You may make counteroffers that include appliances and other incentives for the buyer to agree to a higher price. This is a particularly useful strategy when the demand for homes in your neighborhood is weak and prices are low.
When you’re selling your home, consider what you’re willing to throw in to sweeten the deal, and what items are “off limits.”
Here are some items you may want to consider using as leverage:
- Major appliances: washer, dryer, fridge, stove, dishwasher
- Draperies, curtains, blinds, and shutters
- Custom-built furniture: bookcases or shelves that fit a particular spot in the house
- Barbeque or fire pit
- Patio furniture: planters, garden benches, and ornaments
- Garden shed
- Lawnmower, power washer, leaf vacuum, or other maintenance equipment
- Recreational equipment, such as ping-pong and pool tables, above-ground pools, trampolines, climbers, swing sets, and hot tubs
- Prepaid taxes or closing costs
- A year of landscaping, pool cleaning, or maid service
The decision-making process is relatively simple if you consider what items you are willing to part with. Also, consider how often you use movable items and the cost of replacement.
You can offer many other kinds of incentives. A buyer may request an incentive in the transaction. It’s all part of the negotiation.
Watch the video and then read the corresponding chapter of How To Sell Homes Fast For Top Dollar. Then ask David your questions, so he can record more videos to answer them and provide more clarification as needed.
If you have a home to sell, call me at (727) 249-4022 so we can talk about your home selling goals. We’ll work together intensively on selling your home fast for top dollar.
Follow Us On Social Media
- Dave’s Site And Blog
- Youtube – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Facebook – Dave’s Personal Profile
- Facebook – David Bailey’s Real Estate Page
- Instagram – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Twitter – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- LinkedIn – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- TikTok – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Pinterest – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Realtor.com – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Zillow – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Homes.com – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Stellar MLS – Matrix – David Arhtur Bailey Jr
- Coldwell Banker Realty – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- CBintouch – About David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Realtor Page for David Arthur Bailey Jr
- SavvyCard – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Dave The Notary