To avoid selling your house for less than it’s worth and leaving money on the table, it’s helpful to find out what other people have done wrong. These are examples of costly mistakes, including mistakes made by banks. The final story demonstrates how pricing your home right the first time is crucial in a changing market.
This is what we’ll be discussing in Chapter 10 of How To Sell Homes Fast For Top Dollar that you can read online
UNDERPRICING: THE EASIEST WAY TO LOSE MONEY ON YOUR HOME SALE
The #1 reason people lose money on their home sale (as in, not getting all the money they could) is underpricing. They think their home is worth ‘x’ dollars without researching the value. They put their house on the market, sell it for less than it’s worth, and never realize their mistake. That is why it’s so critical you have a real understanding of the value of your home in today’s market.
A perfect example is the sellers who sold three acres — worth about $300,000 — for only $80,000. They lived about 30 miles away and didn’t realize the development potential the property had. They hired an agent who was unfamiliar with the area and who also didn’t realize the development potential.
Their buyer was knowledgeable and experienced with developments. He researched the zoning and discovered the three acres were zoned for high-density condos. The sellers did not know about the zoning, nor did they know the county was planning to build a new road bordering their property.
You can see where this one went. In the end, the sellers were not aware they left $200,000-plus on the table until condo-building began.
Watch the video and then read the corresponding chapter of How To Sell Homes Fast For Top Dollar. Then ask David your questions, so he can record more videos to answer them and provide more clarification as needed.
If you have a home to sell, call me at (727) 249-4022 so we can talk about your home selling goals. We’ll work together intensively to sell your home fast for top dollar.
Follow Us On Social Media
- Dave’s Site And Blog
- Youtube – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Facebook – Dave’s Personal Profile
- Facebook – David Bailey’s Real Estate Page
- Instagram – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Twitter – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- LinkedIn – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- TikTok – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Pinterest – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Realtor.com – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Zillow – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Homes.com – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Stellar MLS – Matrix – David Arhtur Bailey Jr
- Coldwell Banker Realty – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- CBintouch – About David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Realtor Page for David Arthur Bailey Jr
- SavvyCard – David Arthur Bailey Jr
- Dave The Notary